Chocolate Energy Bites

I love a sweet treat I don't have to feel guilty for eating! I always get a crazy sweet tooth mid afternoon and find myself searching through the pantry and fridge for something chocolate. Ok, so maybe not just in the afternoon, I've been known to crave chocolate around the clock. But, that's besides the point. I tried a few different recipes for healthy cookies and bars, but this is our favorite!


You will need:
6 T. milled flax seeds
1 1/2 c. non-dairy milk
4 c. old fashioned oats
6 T. honey
1 c. chocolate protein powder (I use Life's Basics Plant Protein from Sunflower Market)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla


Whisk together the milk and flax seed. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. You may also add sunflower seeds, pepitas, chopped almonds, or raisins to increase the protein and calories to make this a meal.


It will look dry, but will be moist enough when you add the milk and flax mixture. 


I use the ice cream scoop to make them into balls. The kids and I prefer to eat them raw, but you can cook them at 350 for 7 minutes if you prefer.


There you go, not only are these guilt free, but really good for you! Keep some frozen for those times you have to have something sweet so you don't cave and eat junk.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails