Video Game Inspired Birthday

This party was a blast to plan! We had a video game themed party since we were combining our July birthdays, it was a great theme for both a boy and girl.
For the invites I got our individual game cases and emptied them all into one cd album. (They can be replaced pretty inexpensively through eBay.) I scanned a copy of the a Game Cube game that was colorful and had some of the more recognizable characters on the front. Using Publisher, I added in my own text boxes to put the party 411 instead of the game info. It took a little work and I added in some of my own graphics but it looked legit. For the game disc, I made Mii characters here , found some game icons, typed the information on a circle the size of a disc, and viola! I just printed it out on cardstock, cut it out, and placed it in the box.


My friend, Candice from CandiCakes taught me how to decorate with fondant! I was so excited to make this cake! We could have probably gone on and on with detail, but I was pleased with the results. The bottom is double layer 10", the white part of the mushroom is 6" inch cakes, and the top of the mushroom is rice cereal treat covered in fondant.

I also made my first attempt at decorating rice cereal treats with fondant.

It wouldn't be a gaming party if we didn't incorporate the classics! I wanted this to be the full Pac Man board/screen, but ran out of room! I covered a large foam board with plastic table cover, blue masking tape, and mini cupcakes with a 6" cake for Pac Man.


There were five different game stations set up for the kids to play. They were given tickets after playing at each station.


My older daughters organized a prize table where the kids could turn their tickets in to redeem prizes.
Mario mustaches!


Check out these soap controllers I found on etsy by Digital Soaps! Aren't these soaps awesome!? These make great favors, prizes, or even just to have in the bathroom for added decoration.


Yep, these are all soap too!





I didn't get to do these, but look at these cupcakes from Bakerella. It would be so cool to make a mii for each of your guests!



This was one of my favorite parties we've had!


For more inspiration you can google geekery. There's so much you can do with this theme!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails