Vintage Inspired Party

My 15 year old daughter is very much into all things vintage as well as reading, blogging, writing, etc. I tried to incorporate all her likes into planning her birthday party.


I made the invites with publisher and after cutting them with those fancy edge scissors, I glued them onto card stock and tied them with twine. Using various fonts and scroll designs gave it an anthro look.


 After I have a party, I always realize I didn't get enough pictures of everything! Hate that! Well, here is what I do have....


The party was in the evening out on the back deck.
(I have yet to learn how to properly take pictures at night :/ )


Loved the glow of the mercury glass.


We had an old typewriter that the guests used to type notes to the birthday girl. I think my favorite note was, "Where is the backspace on this thing... this typewriter needs a spell check". ;)


Again, I wish I had gotten a better pic of this, but I had flowers hanging in jars across the deck as well as clear lights strung across.




On the menu: Fettuccine Alfredo, Chicken, Garlic Bread, and Salad



Cones made from scrap booking paper filled with popcorn and placed in an old Coca-Cola crate.


Photo Booth Fun















The ombre cake. I made four 8" cakes with white cake mix and added red gel icing coloring in various amounts to get the different shades of pink.










2 comments:

Jerron said...

WOW! God has blessed you w/ an astounding gift of creativity! I'm sure she will never forget this party!

Melanie said...

Thanks Jerron! Can you believe I only have two more birthdays with her at home!? :/

Related Posts with Thumbnails