1st Birthday and Homemade Cupcake Stand

For my daughter's first birthday I really wanted to have cupcakes. We were going to have a large group of people and I couldn't find a cupcake stand large enough and didn't really care for the ones I saw. I made my own by cutting circles from foam board (some from cardboard) and cover them with wrapping paper.


I used empty pumpkin cans by covering them with craft paper. It held pretty sturdy by hot gluing them to the boards.


Once the cupcakes were all on, you couldn't tell it was homemade.



My girls helped me make pinwheels glued to tooth picks for the cupcakes.


We had enough craft paper to make paper garland to match the table.



These were just 12x12 sheets that we cut into strips and stapled to make links.


We also made a photo banner with pictures from throughout the year and backed them with the matching craft paper.


We kept the party very simple and it was a great time for everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails