My Favorite Fudge Icing

I love chocolate, but rich chocolate cake is my favorite! And, of course the icing is the best part. My favorite recipe is from my Auntie Cheryl, but I can't find it! So, I did a search on allrecipes.com and found one with the same ingredients, I'm pretty sure it's the exact same one my aunt always used.

In a saucepan combine 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup buttter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 minute. Stir constantly and be careful not to overcook or you will burn the sugar and there will be crunchy bits of sugar in your frosting. Remove from heat. Using an elctric mixer, beat icing for 3 minutes, or until it thickens to spreading consistency. Pour over cooled cake.

I also like to shave chocolate and or add toffee bits to the top!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails