Spicy Baked Fries

One of the main things I miss when we are avoiding eating out or avoiding junk food are fries! I love potatoes, but I love love spicy fries! I make these fries at home as a healthier thrifty alternative. They are so good, my kids ask for them all the time.

You will need:
2 T olive oil (I was out and canola oil is good too)
2 T hot pepper sauce (I like to use spiracha hot chili sauce. You can find it in the Asian food section.)
1 tsp ground thyme
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
about 8 potatoes (white or red)
1/4 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 450
Rinse and cut potatoes into wedges (no need to peel them).


In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except the pepper.
Add wedges to mixture and toss to coat.

 Spread coated potatoes onto a cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes, turn and bake another 15 minutes.



After you take them out of the oven, salt and pepper to taste.

This adds so much flavor to any simple dish like baked chicken or any other meat on the side. It's also a great snack. If you buy your potatoes on sale, this would cost about fifty cents to make!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails